|Colonel James Bogle, the President of the International Una Voce Federation (FIUV), meets Pope Francis, at a General Audience on 26 November 2014, and hands him a report on young people and the traditional Roman rite|
The President of the International Una Voce Federation (FIUV), Colonel James Bogle, at a General Audience on Wednesday 26 November 2014, handed to Pope Francis a report, in Spanish, on the growth of involvement of young people in the traditional Roman rite since the decree of Pope Benedict XVI, Summorum Pontificum.
Mr Bogle headed the FIUV Delegation to the Holy See to meet with the Holy Father and with senior prelates and cardinals to report on the work of FIUV and to request continuing support for the traditional Roman rite world-wide.
The Delegation consisted of:
Colonel James Bogle, the President
Dr the Honourable Joseph Shaw, the Treasurer
Monsieur Paul Fournier, the Membership Secretary
Mr Leo Darroch, Council member and Past President
- His Eminence, George, Cardinal Pell, Cardinal-Prefect of he Economic Secretariat of the Holy See
- His Eminence Raymond, Cardinal Burke, former President of the Apostolic Signatura and Cardinal-Patron of the Sovereign Military and Hospitaller Order of Malta
- His Eminence Dario, Cardinal Castrillon Hoyos, former President of the Ecclesia Dei Commission
- His Grace the Most Reverend Guido, Archbishop Pozzo, President of the Ecclesia Dei Commission
|The President with his Eminence Raymond, Cardinal Burke during the Delegation visit|
- The Very Reverend Monsignor Mark Miles, prelate of the English Section of the Secretariat of State
- The Very Reverend Monsignor Richard Soseman, prelate of the Congregation for the Clergy
|US President Obama with the Holy Father and (at right) the Very Rev Msgr Mark Miles of the Secretariat of State|
The Delegation met and later dined with:
- His Most Eminent Highness Fra' Matthew Festing, the Prince and Grand Master of the Sovereign Military and Hospitaller Order of St John of Jerusalem, Rhodes and Malta
- His Excellency Mr Ambassador John McCarthy QC KSG, Her Majesty's Australian Ambassador to the Holy See
- The Reverend Dom Dr Alcuin Reid OSB, monk of the Monastère Saint-Benoît in the Diocese of Fréjus-Toulon, France, and author of numerous books on the traditional Roman rite
- The Reverend Andrew Southwell, former National Chaplain of the Latin Mass Society of England and Wales
- Il Signore Professore Roberto, Barone di Mattei, Professor of Modern History and History of Christianity at the European University in Rome, where he is also Coordinator of the Degree Course in Historical Sciences
- La Signora Virginia, Marchesa di Coda-Nunziante, researcher with Professor di Mattei
- Dr Fabio Bernabei, journalist
- Dr Alberto Carosa, journalist
- Mr Edward Pentin, journalist
- Monsieur Guillaume Ferluc, President of the Summorum Pontificum Pilgrimage Committee
Delegation members also attended the book launch of the proceedings of the Sacra Liturgia Conference 2013, in the presence of HE Cardinal Burke, HE Cardinal Sarah, and HE Cardinal Brandmüller.
HE Cardinal Sarah was, that week, appointed Cardinal Prefect of the Congregation for Divine Worship.
The Delegation was not able to arrange a meeting with Cardinal Sarah at such short notice but nevertheless was able to present a letter to his Eminence at the offices of the Congregation.
The Delegation also visisted the Aventine Palace of the Knights of Malta as a possible venue for future events of the Federation.
The Delegation also began preparations for the General Assembly 2015 which will be held in late October 2015 in Rome. Further details of the General Assembly 2015 will be forthcoming in due course. Members are, in the meantime, asked to mark their diaries accordingly.
The visit of the Delegation was highly successful in re-establishing contacts in the Holy See and members of the Delelgation were well received at all levels and by all.
|The President and Delegation with his Eminence Raymond, Cardinal Burke|
~~~ +++ ~~~